Founded in 1926, the Cornelia Kiwanis Club has been an integral part of Habersham County's civic life. Early Service projects included building the Cornelia Community House and fundraising for The Big Red Apple. Early members assisted in bringing the apple industry to Habersham and assisted in bringing other industry to the North Georgia area. Club Presidents have included, Cliff Kimsey, William Jarrell, F.E. Gabrels, H. Milton Stewart, Henry C. Stovall, Jr., Marion W. Stribling, William S. Loyd and Eddy Ariail.
Today, Cornelia Kiwanis Club continues to assist the community through great projects such as Toys for Tots, Tools for Schools and Key Club.
Click the links below for the following:
A written and photographic history of our club (.pdf format)
George F. Hixson Fellowship Award Recipients (.pdf format)
Kiwanian of the Year Recipients (.pdf format)
Past Lt. Governors (.pdf format)
Past Presidents and Secretaries (.pdf format)
A History by Tom Brock (.pdf format)
In Memory of Jack Ellard (.pdf format)
A History of Cornelia by Sydney Heindel (.pdf format)